Mid Maine Yoga is committed to sharing the wisdom of embodiment practices in a nurturing atmosphere in order to bring greater health, happiness, and well being to community. We strive to facilitate this experience in the spirit of love, transformation, and compassion.
We hold a vision of sharing embodiment practices with all, regardless of belief, physical ability, or financial limitations.
Caitlin is a passionate student and teacher of yoga, health, healing, nutrition, and fitness. She was an avid gymnast during childhood, and began long-distance running as an adolescent. She first enrolled in a yoga course while at Salem State University. Immediately, she was intrigued by the prospect of incorporating mindfulness with physical exercise.
Many years later while living and travelling in Asia, she had the opportunity to immerse herself in a one-month intensive at the Ashtanga Research Center in Bali. While practicing the Ashtanga Primary Series during her time in India she was asked to teach basic postures, meditations, and pranayama. Upon returning to the United States she recognized the need for additional training and enrolled in a ten-month Yoga Alliance teacher training program at the Yoga Loft in Wilmington with Jen Ryan.
Her teaching is heavily influenced by Ashtanga philosophy and she believes that a proper foundation and understanding of correct alignment is the key to developing a fulfilling and safe practice. in In March of 2018 she completed the 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training program with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts. Caitlin is also certified in Level II Thai Bodywork and is a Level II Reiki Practitioner.
Caitlin has continued to expand her knowledge by attending a variety of workshops and advanced training including:
- Pranayama & Meditation Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Thai Bodywork Certification Levels I & II with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Applied Anatomy & Physiology Intensive with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Adjustments, Injuries & Modifications in All Levels Classes with Nicole Clarke
- Acrobatics Workshops at Envision Festival in Uvita, Costa Rica
- Yin Workshop with John Summers in Boston
- Yoga for Runners with Karen Fabian of Bare Bones Yoga in Boston
- Mysore and Led Primary sessions with Dominic Corigliano