Mid Maine Yoga is committed to sharing the wisdom of yoga in a safe and nurturing atmosphere in order to bring greater health, happiness, and well being to the community. We strive to impart this knowledge in the spirit of healing, love, transformation, and compassion.
We share a vision of sharing yoga with all, regardless of belief, physical ability, or financial limitations.
Instructors & Staff
Caitlin is a passionate student and teacher of yoga, health, nutrition, and fitness. Since childhood she has enjoyed a variety of fitness activities but it was not until attending Salem State University that she was exposed to yoga. Immediately, she was excited about the prospect of incorporating mindfulness with physical exercise and knew that yoga was unique in this approach. Many years later while living and travelling in Asia she had the opportunity to immerse herself in a one-month intensive practice at the Ashtanga Research Center in Bali. She was initially approached to teach by fellow volunteers in India when observed practicing the Ashtanga Primary Series. Not wanting to disappoint she began teaching simple postures, meditations, and pranayama. Upon returning to the United States she recognized the need for additional training and enrolled in a ten-month Yoga Alliance teacher training program at the Yoga Loft in Wilmington with Jen Ryan.
Her teaching is heavily influenced by Ashtanga philosophy and she believes that a proper foundation and understanding of correct alignment is the key to developing a fulfilling and safe practice. Caitlin is looking forward to completing the three year 300 hour advanced yoga teacher training program with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts in March of 2018.
Caitlin has continued to expand her knowledge by attending a variety of workshops and advanced trainings including:
- Pranayama & Meditation Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Thai Bodywork Certification Levels I & II with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Ayurvedic Yoga Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Bhakti Yoga & Bhagavad Gita Intensive with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Applied Anatomy & Physiology Intensive with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Asana, Alignment, Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra & Sanskrit Intensive with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Prenatal Yoga Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti School of Yoga & Healing Arts
- Adjustments, Injuries & Modifications in All Levels Classes with Nicole Clarke
- Acrobatics Workshops at Envision Festival in Uvita, Costa Rica
- Yin Workshop with John Summers in Boston
- Yoga for Runners with Karen Fabian of Bare Bones Yoga in Boston
- Mysore and Led Primary sessions with Dominic Corigliano